de Stad, originally released in a more surround sound type of mix, the time is ripe to now release a remastered version, much better suited for our present times and today’s streaming platforms used for listening. The composer himself has meticulously revised the original recordings, corrected and remastered these in his studio, and recreated a completely new take at his work with the help of the latest digital audio tools available.
The recording features Ensemble Gelber Klang, conducted by the composer:
- Thomas Reill – bass and contrabass clarinets
- Michael Peuser – bass trombone
- Merima Ključo – accordion
- Jürgen Kruse – grand piano
- Michael Kiedaisch – percussion
- Ulrike Storz – violin
- Marlene Svoboda – viola
- Scott Roller – violoncello
- Holger Philipsen – contrabass
- Oscar van Dillen – conductor
The composition de Stad (meaning the City, in Dutch) approaches the City as the very basis of Civilization, and muses about the musical as well as the several socio-historical and sometimes even the architectonical aspects this entails.
See OIJ Records for details and links to streaming platforms