Dronescape 1 is the first in a series of albums, containing new, digitally created, compositions by Oscar van Dillen. The works on this album were composed June-July 2020.
The title Dronescape suggests the contraction of the terms Drone and Soundscape, inferring a music which might at first sight be mistaken for ambient only. But not at a hearing: there is mostly a friendly and pleasant surface character to most compositions, but careful listening will reveal less obvious details and sounds, sometimes surprising, at other times perhaps disturbing.
- Reminiscence – Dronescape on D (duration 3 minutes 30 seconds)
- Pulsation – Dronescape on E flat (duration 4 minutes 33 seconds)
- Iridescence – Dronescape on E (duration 8 minutes 41 seconds)
- Desolation – Dronescape on F (duration 4 minutes 20 seconds)
- Space – Dronescape on F sharp (duration 3 minutes 30 seconds)
- Time – Dronescape on G (duration 6 minutes 57 seconds)
- Solitude – Dronescape on A flat (duration 6 minutes 23 seconds)
- Interval – Dronescape on A (duration 4 minutes 13 seconds)
- Disintegration – Dronescape on B flat (duration 4 minutes 44 seconds)
- Valedictions – Dronescape on B (duration 3 minutes 33 seconds)
- Rhizomes – Dronescape on C (duration 11 minutes 5 seconds)
- Singularity – Dronescape on C sharp (duration 6 minutes 36 seconds)
A second album Dronescape 2 is being released at the same time by OIJ Records, containing 2 much longer works, exploring further a world of Dronescapes. A word of warning: after careful listening, the world around you may not sound the same any longer.
See OIJ Records for more information and links to online streaming platforms.